Vote!

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Avalon Vest?

In my search for a suitable replacement, for the knit stockings I was knitting. I found a pattern that I have been wanting to knit for ages. Is it appropriate, though? The vest is from Fall 2005 Vogue Knitting magazine. I have not found a connection with the The Mists book and the vest, other than my want to knit it, while I read the book. I can't say that the vest is inspired by the book. The book inspires me...maybe? They did not wear vests back then, did they? LOL! Give me some time...I will come up with a connection between the book and the vest. I can justify anything. The vest is lovely and has textures and cables. I am planning to knit the vest in the same "fisherman" colored yarn as the stockings would have been.

So, that's the plan. I guess I am glad my needle broke at the beginning of the stockings, not the end. I have enough time to change my mind to another project. I am feeling moody and hormonal this week. So, I can change my mind...

2 comments:

Little Fire said...

hey, I was just checking out the new Knitty and there was a vest, with lace leaf detail on the front that might work perfectly for your alternate project. you should have a look....www.knitty.com

Unknown said...

The vest idea is cool- I'm sure you'll find the connection somewhere along the way! :)