Vote!

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hello, Everyone!

I'm so excited to be joining you all! I found this group quite by accident - while I was looking for a sock KAL, no less. It was a wonderful moment of finding you - a total synchronicity because on January 1st I had decided to read the other Avalon books before re-reading my favorite book of all time, MoA. I have recently completed Ancestors of Avalon, Priestess of Avalon, Lady of Avalon and am reading The Forest House right now. And, I wasn't even looking for a Mists group - but there you were! What fun! :~)

While I have done many crafts, in the last two years I have become besotted with knitting. I always have at least 3 projects going at once, however I have yet to attempt a sweater or anything large. I mostly enjoy engaging myself with small items and learning new techniques. I've branched out into designing simple projects and love combining yarns to create my own variegated palette.

I'm a mom of a lovely 21 year old daugher, happily domesticated with my SO, a graduate student working on an MA in Rhetoric and Writing, work for a professor as a grad assistant, and am a teacher of Composition and Writing for the Workplace.

I began my MZB reading-fest because I wanted to get back into touch with my inner goddess and these books offer such wonderful inspiration to do that. It was my sole New Year's resolution. I have always believed in cultivating magic in my life, but "busy-ness" had stolen me away from it. I want the magic back!

Thanks for letting me join you. I look forward to getting to know you all.

ps - someone asked in a previous post about whether or not they should read Mists without having first read the prequels. I'd say it is totally okay to read Mists first. They can really be read in any order, in my opinion.

No comments: