Vote!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hi Everyone!

Hi I'm new here. I wanted to give a brief intro. I'm 34 and read the Mists of Avalon many years ago as part of a book club I was part of. I loved it. It is one of my "I will never part with them" books. I've also read all the others in the series I believe. I love them all. I just got back from picking up a copy of the movie to watch to refresh my memory.

I wanted to post a picture of a finished project that seems to fit here.

This was knit and then felted for a friend of mine who is expecting thier first child in July. We all love shiny, pointy, things so I decided to make baby's first sword. I need to tweak the pattern a little before I make another one then I will be happy to share the pattern.
Lydia

3 comments:

Dharmafey said...

Super cute! My son LOVES swords (his are of the Pirate variety), so this will get used for years to come :)

Unknown said...

Very cute idea. I have daughters and they were not into the sword thing. One of my daughters is a girly-girl, and the other...is a teen. LOL!

Unknown said...

How cute is that?! Love it! We're an anti-gun/pro sword family and I'm sure my 2 year old would love that!! (not saying that guns are bad, if that's your thing- that's just our personal preference :)Am I PC or what? haha!!