Vote!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Oh look, it's the fifth time I've purchased this book!

Yes, I realized today that I have now purchased "The Mists of Avalon" five times. I was thrilled to find it for a mere 5.00 today. I finally got over to our local bookshop (Powells in PDX)after trying for three days now.

I was elated at the price but also dismayed a bit. To find a favorite book selling for such a low price is a bit disheartening in a way. It's such a rich and rewarding story that it should be priced better. On the other hand, the lower price enables more to afford to discover the story. It's a dilemma that ran through my mind at the checkout counter. As you can see, I don't have alot of seriously pressing issues, I have to make up some!

Even though this is a "used" copy, I think this is going to be a "keeper". Clearly, I need to keep a copy of it.

Now, to sort out the yarn and grab a pair of #8 circs and get that shawl started up. I'm too lazy to go get my camera and take a picture of shawl/scarf from the book but there is a blog dedicated to the book "Scarf Style" at here, and here is one person's adapation of the pattern, which will give you an idea of what I'm going to attempt.
.
This one was knitted by Susanne from Germany. I think she did a lovely job and I can only hope mine turns out that well!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The entralac shawl is gorgeous. One of these days I will get around to knitting A Lady Eleanor for myself.

Linda said...

Lady Eleanor is one of knitting goals...entrelac seems like it is so much fun! I can't wait to see your progress.

Unknown said...

Ooooh!! Entralac- so pretty. What yarn/color(s) are you going to use? I can't wait to see your progress as well :)