Vote!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

What To Knit For The KAL?

Well, I have dusted off my copy of The Mists and am ready to begin reading, from the beginning. I am hoping to squeeze in a chapter or two, this evening. I have a really busy day ahead of me. I think I have decided what I am knitting for the KAL too. I don't sound very convincing, do I? I had considered knitting a shawl for the occasion, but many of you are already doing that. I have to be different. LOL! Maybe I am a bit crazy, but I have decided to knit a pair of stockings based on these tall socks. I am going to purchase some "Aran" colored yarn to make them out of. I am also thinking of embroidering the tops of the stockings when they are finished. We shall see...

Face it, it was cold and damp in the British Isles. I did do a bit of research on stocking during the time period and most stockings that women wore were woven out of wool. The piece that I read said that knitting did not come into play in Europe until 1050-ish, or so. It also said that knitting originated in Syria of all places. Who knows? I figured womens stockings were appropriate and that is what I am going with.

Oh, in my copy of The Mists of Avalon, in the back, there is a section on "Reading Group Discussion Topics." Do all copies have this, or just the newer ones? If anyone is interested, I can post the 10 discussion questions on the blog here. Just let me know...

No comments: