Vote!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Two Milestones!

I finished the first part of MoA last night, and found a pattern as well. I'll be doing a variation on Lucie from the Fall 06 Knitty. It's pretty close to what I had in mind, and I didn't really feel like making up my own pattern. It's too much math, and I am not a mathy person. I plan on doing the neckline a bit different, not a split neckline, but a boxy sort of thing. And short sleeves because I don't have enough yarn for long. And a different crochet trim.

I also finished one of these cabled arm-warmers a few days ago. You'll note that says ONE because I'm not terribly good at making things in pairs. I used a tweedy green wool from a farm just north of here. I bought it ages ago and sort of forgot about it until I saw it in my closet.



It turned out really well, and only took a few hours. I wanted something quick and cabled and almost every facet of my life seems to be related to the book right now! I could definitely see a Priestess wearing these to collect herbs in the early morning.

I'll have pictures of the sweater too, as that comes together. IF that comes together!

4 comments:

Barb said...

can't wait too see your sweater, that's very pretty :)

Unknown said...

Pretty armwarmer. I understand about knitting things in twos. I am flakey with socks, sleeves, and twos, myself. LOL!

Unknown said...

Love the tunic you'll be working on :) and I can definitely picture the early morning herb gathering with your gauntlets! Don't you love it when you come across yarn that you had forgotten about?!

Micah said...

Well, duh, now I see that the pattern is linked! I have a crazy head-cold at the moment. I'm not always this alert! ;~)

They are still lovely!